Looking for weight loss programs that work? If you have tried different plans but feel frustrated with the results you may feel so desperate to find a plan that actually works.
But before we answer the question let me describe your situation.
Prior to practicing a weight loss program, did you set your true goals? Did you write these goals down on a piece of paper and then work from there?
Did you begin with the more straightforward goals like “attaining twenty pounds lighter” and then go ahead towards those that will be less abstract like reducing body fat ratio by 5%? Even if you did consider muscle strength and flexibility these aspects can be provided by the weight loss programs that work.
What Are Weight Loss Programs That Work?
We’ve all heard of weight loss plans, but what exactly does this mean and which plans do really work?
In the body of a healthy person, the balance between energy consumption and expenditure is properly maintained and consequently the weight remains steady.
This is not the case with the body of an obese person; where the energy expenditure is less, eventually causing excessive fat accumulation. The basic principle underlying all the programs for weight loss is to reverse this imbalance.
Effective programs that work usually adopt a holistic approach. The programs make sure that your food is balanced, nutritious and high in fiber.
Fiber is not only perfectly harmless, but also acts as a natural laxative. Fiber when softened by water becomes soft and pliable, acting as an emollient. Best sources of fiber are whole grain bread, cereals, raw fruits, dried fruits and fresh vegetables.
The ideal weight loss programs also combine a sensible diet along with daily exercise.
The key to weight loss programs that work is to make enduring changes in your eating habits and lifestyle. If you really want your programs to lose weight to be effective, you must feel strongly about it and adhere to the programs full-time.
Do not despair if you stop losing pounds after a certain period or level of shedding weight. This is a “weight plateau” that most people hit, and is usually a transitory phase.
Different Weight Loss Program Options
You may have seen on television and online, there are countless weight loss programs, diet products, and fat burning supplements to select from.
It is hard to decide which ones of these plans actually work for you. Many of them come with warnings, and others have many complaints posted about them by users who have tried them. There are also countless products that just cost too much.
Here is a list of top 4 best plans that work for different situations:
1. Do it yourself: Any effort to lose weight by yourself or with a support group fall into the “Do-It-Yourself” category.
2. Non-clinical programs: These programs are usually commercially operated using guides that are prepared by healthcare providers and counselors who are not usually trained healthcare providers.
3. Clinical programs: These plans are provided by licensed health professionals, such as physicians, dietitians, and/or psychologists. They may work alone or together in providing services to patients but they will carefully supervise the programs during implementation.
4. Surgery: Gastric bypass surgery is procedures that use both restriction and malabsorption to achieve weight loss. This is a fast weight loss option for those who have tried unsuccessfully to lose weight on diet and exercise programs.
The Best Weight Loss Programs For You
Have you ever been to Consumer Reports to look up the best weight loss program? Among all the different plans there are out there, Jenny Craig, Atkins, Nutrisystem, Weight Watchers, Zone and Slim Fast, Jenny Craig has been declared the winner.
Unfortunately, the Cooper Institute, which tracked tens of thousands of people who had signed up to Jenny Craig, found that only 7% of hopeful slimmers stayed with the program after a year.
The moral of the story is, that just because Consumer Reports can be great with consumer products and services doesn’t mean they have to be good with medical stuff.
The fact is we are all created different. What worked for your friend may not work for you. So you need to get up and hunt for something that will work for you. Luckily there is a variety of weight loss programs that work. There’s bound to be a perfect solution that will help you achieve your goals and match your lifestyle.
Before you choose one of the weight loss programs, the Weight-control Information Network recommends you talk to your doctor about weight loss and get the best information.
Local Program Vs Online Program
When it comes to choosing the best weight loss programs that work for yourself you will need to know your personal situations so you can decide whether a locally operated weight loss program or an online one is best for you and your own needs:
1. How much time you want to devote to weight loss meetings. If you are busy at work consider looking for weight loss programs that are designed for those with busy schedules.
2. How strong your willpower is. Online weight loss programs can give you more freedom to not physically report to meetings but If you do not think that you can stick with your online weight loss program goals it may be better to join a local program instead.
3. How much money you want to spend. Different weight loss programs that work have a range of membership fees and other costs involved. If you are on a budget, the cost of each weight loss program that you come across should play a large role in your decision.
4. How embarrass you are with your current appearance. If you have nothing to be ashamed of, then attending local weight loss meetings won’t be a problem for you. But If you are concerned with what others may think of you, consider joining an online program instead.
Weight Loss Programs That Work Permanently
If you want to permanently lose weight, think of the weight loss programs as the most precious gift ever bestowed on you. When setting your target or ideal weight, be realistic. It is important to take into account your schedule, body type, support system, timeline and budget
Though you may be following a program that other people tried and had success with, the last success of your programs lies in accepting the fact that there are bound to be failures along the way to attaining your goal.
Remember, no weight loss plans will help until you get yourself off the couch to exercise and cook that healthy dish.
All in all, there are many types of weight loss programs that are available out there. Some are better than others. However, before signing up for any one of these, “know thyself,” and talk to a professional to help guide you into the best weight loss programs that work for you.